GeniusMobile - A Maker Education Program that comes to you
What is the GeniusMobile?
In 2016 we launched our GeniusMobile – a MakerSpace on wheels. We roll up to your school, unload and transform a classroom into a maker space, bringing in hands-on project based programs focused on Science, Tech, Engineering, Art and Math. .
Think back to a time in school when you were a kid, where you invigorated and filled with creative confidence. My guess is that your memory is based on a hands-on project, building or making something.
Those magical moments… That is what we bring to school via our GeniusMobile. We integrate high tech tools and reuse items to provide a low cost – high impact experience for students.
Bring the GeniusMobile to your School
- Classroom by classroom visits by grade. We visit 3 to 4 classes in one day, students explore a hands-on maker experience based on grade selection. Available for K through 8. This is an excellent way to introduce making with technology, or provide a subject specific maker integration.
- School-wide Maker Days – Bringing making into schools introduces students and teachers to the Maker Movement. Maker Days are kicked off with a fast paced and inspiring assembly – encouraging kids to be empowered by learning. Each class is given the opportunity to explore Design Challenges through Design Thinking, Collaborative Prototyping, Solution Feedback/Testing and group reflection. Program is run by grades.
- Family Maker Night – Schools have an option to share the magic of maker education with parents by holding a family maker night, where families can work together on maker activities and challenges.
- Staff Professional Development – Are you interested in finding ways to bring more hands-on programming to your school? ReCreate can help, by providing workshops and Professional development for your staff.
- Design Challenges For Another Day - We will set you up for a Design Challenge for your class for another day.
Elementary School Programs
Options include; Light Play, Simple Machines, Exploring with Makey-Makeys and more.
Middle School Offerings
Options include Physical Computing, Renewable Energy and more.
All Grades and Community Programs
Pop-Up Maker Space- Week Long Project
Provide the room and we transform it into a maker space at your school. We bring grade appropriate programs into each classroom. We can accommodate up to 20 classes in a week. This program allows students to explore disciplines and learn skills that they choose, to foster further inquiry in disciplines they may want to pursue. This project is for a week or longer at a site.
Micro Maker Faire - Full Day Program
If you have ever been to a Maker Faire, you know that makers from all over the world come together to share their love of making. This is a mini version. We transform a large room into several stations for students to explore different types of making. We provide prompts and helpers for students to try tinkering, component programming, scratch and stop-motion videos. This is also a great option for a Family Maker Night.
I'm Interested, Let's talk...
ReCreate thanks the following for their strong support of our Maker Education Programming: