Junk 2 Genius 2017
Junk 2 Genius 2017 will be held in the Westfield Galleria at Roseville August 19th from 1pm to 4pm. Which team will reign supreme?
What exactly is Junk 2 Genius you ask?
- Twelve Teams - businesses, social groups and nonprofit teams.
- A box of mystery “junk” and a visit to the "junkpile"
- A mystery theme
- A race against the clock to make the best sculpture
- Assistance to add technology and laser cut items
- An excellent team building event
- A way to spotlight the “Genius” of your company. (all sculptures will be on display through August 24th for people to vote on their favorite sculpture.
- A great way to support STEAM* Education, insuring our region’s future workforce is strong
- An amazing raffle with huge prizes (Sacramento Kings, Disney and more!)
- A whole lot of fun
Teams arrive with their tools and secret weapon, and are given a box of ReCreate materials to make a work of art. The theme is announced and 3 hours later, teams unveil their sculptures.
Public Voting: will be held from Sunday, Aug 19 - August 24th. Winning Sculptures will be on display through Labor Day!
Junk 2 Genius helps fund our STEAM* focused educational GeniusMobile - that brings hands-on maker projects to kids in Placer and Sacramento County area schools. Our fundraising goal for this program is $15,000 to bring our program to regional schools.