Junk 2 Genius 2016
Junk 2 Genius 2016 will be held in the Westfield Galleria at Roseville. Who will reign supreme? Will Placer Office of Education win again, or was last year beginners luck? Will Blue Line Arts take home the top trophy this year or will a new rookie come in and grab the bragging rights of top genius?
What exactly is Junk 2 Genius you ask?
- Twelve Teams - mostly business/organizational adult-based teams.
- A box of mystery “junk” and a visit to the "junkpile"
- Two making / building sessions
- A race against the clock to make the best sculpture
- Workshops to add movement and laser cut items
- An excellent team building event
- A way to spotlight the “Genius” of your company. (all sculptures will be on display through Labor Day with a blurb about your organization.)
- A great way to support STEAM* Education, insuring our region’s future workforce is strong
- An amazing raffle with huge prizes!
- A whole lot of fun!
Teams arrive with their tools and secret weapon, and are given a box of ReCreate materials to make a work of art. The theme is announced and 2 building sessions later teams unveil their sculptures.
Timing for Junk 2 Genius this year:
Rules & Regulation / Launch Party: Friday, Aug 19th 3:30-5:00 pm
Building: Friday, Aug 19th from 5:30-8:00pm,
Saturday, Aug 20th from 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Public Voting: will be held from Sunday, Aug 21 – Sept 5.
Winner Announced: Sept 6
This year's Junk 2 Genius will be helping to fund our STEAM* focused educational Maker Mobile - that will bring hands-on maker projects to kids in Placer and Sacramento County area schools. Our Fundraising goal for this program is $20,000 for equipment and consumables used in the school visits.
For sponsorship information, please contact Donna at 916-770-9880.