Donations / Reuse Warehouse Organizer
This part time position is responsible for the processing / pricing and display of items in our Reuse Warehouse.
- Hard worker with meticulous organizing skills
- Experience in a thrift store is desired.
- Must be comfortable providing instructions / direction to volunteer helpers.
- Fingerprint / Livescan screen required for all employees.
Hours: This position has some flexibility of days to work – two to three days a week for approximately 10 to 15 hours. Additional hours may be available of person desires to be cross trained in other areas of our Art Center / Reuse Store / Community Programs.
Pay: Starts at $9.00/hour.
Art Center / Retail Position
This part-time position is responsible for opening and running the Art Center for our Drop in Crafting / Reuse Warehouse shopping on Thursday, Friday afternoons and Saturdays. You must be able to work all of these days and an occasional Sunday.
We are looking for a nice and creative person who will take pride in the appearance and operation of the Art Center studio and warehouse. Experience in a Thrift Store is helpful, retail experience is required. We are looking for an energetic person with a can-do attitude, who wishes to make a positive difference in their place of work. This position will also need to be able to give volunteers clear directions to help us keep the warehouse looking its best, and in the assembly of art kits for our school program. Position starts at $9.50/hour.
After School Enrichment Program
This part-time position is responsible for leading a Maker Education School Program and will provide engaging Hands-on learning activities with groups of up to 24 students (one leader per 12 students). Team Leaders will provide opportunities for students to learn about Science, Technology, Engineering Art and Math. Classes starting in January are a twelve-week Robotics program and Art Meets Tech program. Our classes are held at regional schools for 3rd through 5th grade.
- Learn and present weekly lesson and activities.
- Lead organized learning activities for students and maintain classroom atmosphere.
- Provide feedback on the program activities for continual improvement.
- Instruct students on the proper use of supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the facilities and equipment to the condition received.
- Professional interactions with parents, teachers and school staff.
- Comply with school policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 2 years of college.
- Experience working in a school and/or nonprofit setting.
- Able to implement a positive learning environment.
- Fingerprint / Livescan screen required for all teachers.
- CPR/1st Aid certified a plus.
Monday and Wednesday 1:00 to 4:30pm (approximate hours), plus one additional shift of 4 hours to prep each week as arranged with supervisor. Additional hours may be available in other areas of our nonprofit is applicant is cross trained.
Starts at $11.00 to $12.00 per hour / depending on experience.